Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day


We had a nice Mother's Day weekend. Saturday we drove to Sacramento to visit with Jay's family. We went to a nice dinner in Roseville and both kids were on great behavior. Very impressive...considering Roman had been to a Bday party earlier that day and then had no nap.

On Mother's Day, we went to breakfast and then spent the afternoon at the park. In the evening, we went to my parents and had a nice, relaxing time playing in the backyard and just hanging out. My perfect kind of day.


Sadly, Roman is not into taking pictures anymore. I think it comes with turning 2. However, every now and again I get a good one with him. I have yet to get a good photo of our family of 4. Love this little boy. He cracks me up every day with his funny personality. He is talking so much now and I'm convinced he may have a British accent. He makes me so proud.


Bob and Paisley. It has been fun to watch Bob have lots of special time with Paisley since he has been taking care of her since she turned 8 weeks old. He has mastered caring for 2 little ones so well.


Paisley and her Daddy.


Roman and "KiKi" as he calls her. He kept giving her hugs, until he accidentally took her down.


What can I say...other than the obvious. I love being a Mom. It is the greatest gift. I get so much joy from my little loves and have never been happier in life. I feel privledged to get to spend every day with my kids and am constantly reminded to enjoy the simple things in life.

I am so blessed with my mom and mother-in-law. I consider both of them to be wonderful friends that constantly provide both Jason and I with such support, love and guidance. My children are so lucky to have such amazing grandma's that are fun and active that don't mind getting silly with them. It is days like Mother's Day when I'm reminded that all is good in life.

1 comment:

thedemichielfam said...

Heath, I love reading your posts. If only the world had as positive of an attitude as you do. YOU are a very special woman,friend and an even more WONDERFUL mom. I am proud to be your friend and I know I am not the only one to think this! Happy (belated!) Mother's Day! Love you!
K