Thursday, May 13, 2010

It's A Girl


Jason and I were so excited to find out that we will be having a little girl in October. Jason felt very strongly from Day 1 that this was a girl, but I was convinced that it was a boy. When the ultrasound tech announced that it was a girl, I cannot explain the emotion I felt. It just felt like everything was perfect and such joy filled my heart. I think I was beaming with excitement all day long and still have a smile on my face. We were also so excited since Kira and Baby Girl Maddox will be so close in age. They are destined to be close cousins.


One of the best parts was sharing the news with our parents. We surprised them with this picture framed of Roman. It took both of them a few seconds to understand what it meant, but it was so fun to surprise them.


I had my fetal echo done on the heart last week and my 20 week ultrasound today and all looks perfect. We feel so overwhelmed with gratitude and feel so thankful that God has blessed us with 2 babies. It is all I could have ever hoped for. We hit the halfway mark this Sunday and are looking forward to enjoying the summer before a new little love joins our family.

7 comments:

To Be Determined said...

OH i just love the picture of roman with the balloon. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

DavidandJuliann said...

Congratulations!! We are very excited for you. It will be so neat for Kira to have a cousin so close in age. It was so good to see you for Kira's blessing. We always love seeing you guys. Best Wishes with everything. We can't wait to meet her and to see you guys again.

JKAndrus said...

I am so happy for you!! Little girls are the BEST!!

Jacquie said...

It was so special to join you for the ultrasound...I am one very excited "Nana"! Loved my Mother's Day photo - a gift we'll always remember!

thedemichielfam said...

yea, I am so excited for you guys!!! I can't wait to see what/who she looks like! Roman will be a wonderful big brother to a little sister! God Bless!!!

Laurel said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH!! So excited for you Heather and Jason! And little Roman just keeps getting cuter and cuter. So fun to have girl cousins the same age.

Chelle said...

Congrats you guys!!! My mom had told us that you were expecting after she got back from CA, and I was just thrilled for you. I felt the same way with #2--I was just positive that it was a girl, and when my OB told me it was a boy I was shocked out of my mind. You will LOVE having one of each. They are so different in so many wonderful ways. And I'm so glad everything looks good on the ultrasound! That is always such a relief. Do you have any names in mind?