Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ballin on a Budget

I have always been one to look for a good deal, especially when it comes to clothing. AND...with now becoming a 1 income household I have taken my skills to a new level. Thought I would share some of my fav places. I am proud of how I have been able to save in the last few months, but deeply know that I still need to cut back on my shopping.


OK...I cannot verify you can expect great things for people our age, but for babies it is the best. Everything is marked down to what seems like $5. The clothing is good quality and the pajama selection is awesome.


Sales
I refuse to pay full price for anything. With this economy you know that everything will eventually go on sale. Just last week, I went to Aeropostale for some pants and the whole store was 50% off. Also The Gap recently had almost everything in the store marked down and than an additional 30% off at the register. With all these sales I have gotten so spoiled that if it isn't on sale, I simply don't buy it.


Forever 21
This place is overwhelming with the amount of selection they have, especially when trying to shop with a baby. I was thankful that Roman was asleep, even with the techno beats blaring. Currently this store has the cutest coats. This store allows you to stay current with the trends without breaking the bank.


I used to have little patience to go through the racks, but recently found some cute, trendy dresses from Ross. Case in point: got a plaid flannel dress for $9.99 that was originally $50. It will probably be out of style next year, but for $9 who can deny it?


I have a love/hate relationship with Target. Love it for so many reasons. Hate it since I can't leave without spending $100. Target is the cheapest place I can find Roman's super expensive formula, so they are competitive with their sales pricing.


There are hundreds of discount shopping sites online, but this one is truly AWESOME! They take popular lines and discount them up to 50% making them affordable for everyone. I have bought clothing, sunglasses and even baby toys from here. Sign-up to be notified for their daily sales. It is definitely worth it.

Let me know some of your good shopping finds. I'm always looking for more to add to the mix.

4 comments:

To Be Determined said...

I am with you! I feel the need to tell others how much something new cost. Which is a little tacky, but I am proud when I spend 9.99 on an item.

Heather said...

Yes. Some of my proudest moments are when someone compliments me on an outfit and I get to tell them it is from Target or it is $9.

Paris Bucklew said...

Thanks for introducing me to Hautelook! I have ordered some really cute stuff from there for great prices. The only thing I don't like is that their shipping is kind of expensive and it takes a while before you get your stuff. Sometimes they have $5 shipping specials though.

I too have a huge love for Target and I'm hit or miss with Forever 21. I lack the patience in that store when shopping with Ellie and I'm a little scared of Sun Valley Mall. Also, I struggle with not wanting to look like I'm dressing like a High School student, but I'd rather pay those kind of prices. I keep waiting for Anthropologie to have HUGE price reductions, but so far I've had no luck :(

JKAndrus said...

Thanks for the great ideas! I love all of those stores and can't wait to check out the online store!