Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday, A Day of Reflection



As today marked the 1st day of Sunday football, I realized that I needed to make a new commitment to my Sundays and that was going to church. I love going, but sometimes don't make it a big enough priority in my life to go every Sunday. I am always so happy when I am there, but have to admit that (especially now with a baby) it is easier to want to lounge around instead of getting ready.

I was feeling stressed this weekend after a long week filled with lots of emotions and by Saturday night I was drained. Going to church this morning gave me just what I needed. The sermon was awesome, the music was uplifting and I left with the energy needed to keep positive.

Today I was humbled as I prayed that God would continue to give me patience and strength to care for Roman. As I finished praying, I looked up and saw a family walk to communion with their son that is in a wheelchair. Whenever I see this family at church they always amaze me with their smiling faces that radiate nothing but happiness. It was that simple moment that gave me the energy to come home and be rejuvenated to shower Roman with the extra love and attention he needs right now. It was one of those moments that I knew God was talking to me saying, "No matter what challenges come your way, ALWAYS remain happy."

AMEN.

3 comments:

Jacquie said...

I loved hearing this message from you...our family has had our share of "ups and downs" over the past few years and our Heavenly Father has always been there to guide and protect us thru our challenges... I'm back home after an exhausting weekend and can't wait to cuddle with my little guy! Love, Mom

Danny McMillan said...

Hang in there, Heath. I don't understand all that you're going through, but the Lord can strengthen you. He has a bigger plan that we don't fully understand sometimes. If Roman's being too fussy and you need a break, I can drive him around in the Chrysler. Oh, you know the Riv was backed into? Yeah, one of the band members from next door clocked it with his Ford Explorer, breaking the taillight and pushing the chassis so far that the trunk lid is off by 5 mm.

But yeah, we're thinking about you.

thedemichielfam said...

Sometimes we all need a little reminder to be gratful for what we do have in life. I am gratful for your friendship. love you.