Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Golden Skate 2008



I'm not sure the last time you headed out to the roller skating rink, but for me it was last night. My friend from work Su See had her bday at Golden Skate for Monday Retro Night.


What an interesting place. The Golden Skate has not changed since 1982! The shag carpet, handrail, lockers and snackbar are all the same and are in need of a major makeover. I had lots of laughs at all the characters that joined us as we completed our laps around the rink while disco tunes blared. My favorites were a few of the regulars that were practicing their choregraphed moves very seriously. It reminded me of a movie scene where Will Farrell might be practicing his routine for a rollerskating dance off. My new best friend was the rollerskating security guard that held 3 jobs as the security, the DJ and also the skate rental attendant.

If you are thinking of heading for a night of laughs (and also somewhat of a workout), I would recommend rollerskating. However...bring your hand sanitzer and maybe even a flask.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

That is so hilarious. What a great idea for a bday party. I love your solo shot!

JT said...

I can't believe that place is still there and apparently it hasn't changed much. Leave it to you to go roller skating and know that the security guy had 3 jobs. :) I hope everything is going well!!!