Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Bachelorette



So, my favorite show premiered last night and it did not disappoint. Here is a re-cap on why I (and Jason, but he probably won't admit it in public) love this show so much.

Deanna "The Bachelorette" has got to be the cutest, most geniune person they have ever had on this show. She is absolutely beautiful and the men are already completely smitten by her. It is refreshing to see someone who really wants to find true love (if that is even possible on a TV program).

I like "The Bachelorette" much more than "The Bachelor" since it is hilarous to watch grown men compete over one woman. You rarely see a glimpse into what men act like in groups and this show gives you an inside look. I loved seeing the men try all their different techniques of getting her attention. One even jumped in the pool and when he stripped down it revealed he was wearing a speedo with her name on it. Another did a Kung Foo flying kick to knock a lemon off another guy's head. Now that would actually scare me a little.

Truly a guilty pleasure...I can't wait for next week.

Here are predictions and picks for the Final 3.

Graham

Pro: HOT, SLY and FLIRTY
Con: His profile says he is a professional basketball player, however when Deanna asked him what he does he said invests in bars. Seems a little suspicious.

Jason

Pro: Adorable and an all-around nice guy
Con: He has a child. I don't think it is a big deal, but will Deanna?

Jeremy

Pro: HOT, HOT, HOT
Con: Was a little quiet last night, but maybe because he got the 1st rose.

If you watch, did you have any favorites?

6 comments:

Paris Bucklew said...

Too funny...I don't normally like to admit that I still religiously watch this show, but I am hooked. I thought the guy who made the duck calls was classic. He then couldn't figure out why he was booted in the end and then proceeded to cry. Awesome! I think Graham and the the Greek guy (not sure of his name) will make it pretty far. I feel like there's still a lot of cheese balls that need to be weeded out. Glad to know someone other then me still watches this show.

Paris Bucklew said...

Too funny...I don't normally like to admit that I still religiously watch this show, but I am hooked. I thought the guy who made the duck calls was classic. He then couldn't figure out why he was booted in the end and then proceeded to cry. Awesome! I think Graham and the the Greek guy (not sure of his name) will make it pretty far. I feel like there's still a lot of cheese balls that need to be weeded out. Glad to know someone other then me still watches this show.

Paris Bucklew said...

I guess I like the show so much that I had to leave you two of the same comments about it! Whoops...

Unknown said...

I agree with your choices,but would add Richard the science teacher. He just seemed like a pretty normal guy. I couldn't believe how many jerks there were, and they weren't even good looking. I think she chose the right ones, but there are still some turkeys left. It is a guilty pleasure! Betty

Jacquie said...

After the 1st night, Jason is my pick. There are some good guys and now that American Idol and Dancing With The Stars are over, I'll be hooked with the bachelorette. Just couldn't get interested in the bachelor this time around...Kind of felt bad for the oyster farmer since he thought the necklace was going to at least keep him around until week 2. Mom

Hillary said...

I know this post if from way back, but I had to say congrats on getting 2 out of 3. Graham leaving before the "over night" dates was a SHOCK! Love ya, and can't wait to see you in a week and a half!!