Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Heidi!


Wanted to wish my sister Heidi a very Happy Birthday. If anyone deserves a good one, it is her. She has been through quite a year, but has handled everything with such grace, optimism and courage. I feel so lucky to be blessed with such an amazing sister and she inspires me daily to be a better person. We always find a way to laugh together, even at the hardest times.

Here are just a few of my favorite things about her:
-Her contagious laugh and smile
-Her strong faith
-Her relaxed attitude
-Her trust
-Her amazing parenting skills
-Her generosity
-Her competitive spirit
-Her willingness to always help anyone in need

Growing up, we were kind of opposites but as we grow older we begin to become more and more alike. I am so appreciative of all the support she has given me through this difficult time in my life. I look at what she has been through and it is always a reminder for me to keep looking forward and never give up. I thank her for blessing me with amazing nephews and allowing Uncle Jay and I time to have such fun times with Scott and Tyler.

Happy Birthday Heidi! Wishing you a year filled with nothing but happiness.

3 comments:

Alix Allocco said...

Your very lucky to have someone, especially a sister, in your life with these type of qualities.

Alix

Scott McMillan said...

thanks heath, even though i think i have been blessed with the BEST suister!!

Scott McMillan said...

Tyler added a u