Monday, March 10, 2008

MIGRAINE

Sadly I had to miss out on Calistoga this weekend due to having a migraine starting Friday night thru Sunday. I've only had one previously and can't believe how debilitating they are. I feel so bad for anyone that has ever been cursed with them and am hoping this past weekend was a one time deal. I feel so much better today and am hopeful that they don't come up again. The scariest part about having them was the flashing lights that come on prior to the headache setting in. You truly can't even see straight and everything turns to blurry vision.

If anyone has any good advice on treating them, please send along.

4 comments:

JT said...

I'm so sorry!!!! My neighbor gets them fairly frequently, but they get so bad that she goes into the doctor to get a shot. I can say that I am very blessed that I have never had one. I hope you're feeling better!

Alix Allocco said...

That really sucks!! I have had 2 in my life and I feel ya, they are bad. I remember there being "holes"in my vision. I would look as something like a keyboard but only see the outside letters and number but nothing in the middle. what helped me was being in really low light, resting, and I just took some excedrin Migraine.

Paris Bucklew said...

Sorry you had such a miserable weekend. I've never had a migraine before, so I can't say that I feel your pain. You should treat yourself to something nice this week.

CharmCityChica said...

Imitrex Stat Dose - it is a pre-filled injectable syringe, but I PROMISE if you inject it in your rear, you won't notice but a sting and in 20 minutes you will feel like a million dollars!!

And stay away from red wine :-(