Thursday, October 11, 2007

Welcome Home Tyler


After a month of being in the hospital at UCSF, Tyler Anthony McMillan came home. He has been through such an amazing journey and I couldn't be more proud to be his Aunt. Tyler was diagnosed with Hypoplastic left heart syndrome, which is a rare congenital heart defect. After a week of life, he underwent heart surgery and has made an miraculous recovery.

Through it all Heidi and Danny have been so strong and truly exemplified what it really means to become a parent. They were an example of trust in faith and showed nothing but pure love. I look forward to watching Tyler grow up and I hope to be able to support him through anything he needs. He is an inspiration to me and so many people. He has changed my outlook on my own challenges and made me realize how precious and important each and every day of life is. I truly see him as my little angel and I know he will forever hold a special place in my heart. One day I hope to share with him how he helped change my life for the better.

1 comment:

JKAndrus said...

Heather,
So glad to see you have started blogging! I am so happy for your family with all of the latest good news. Keep us updated and thanks for sharing even if I did have to get your blog address from an undisclosed source!
Love,
Kris