Friday, October 26, 2012

2 Years Old

Little P turned 2 (or 3 as she tells people) on Oct. 5th. We had a simple day of celebrating since it was on a Friday, which is our free day. She woke up happy, which she does 95% of the time. I made pancakes (her fav) and let her and Roman open 1 present each. The rest we kept until Jason got home from work that night. We went to the park with some special friends and headed out to a simple dinner when Jason got home.

 I always like to decorate our kitchen table with all the presents, so when the kids wake up and walk into our living room this is the 1st thing they see. Then I begin to torture them by only allowing them to open 1 present until their Dad gets home from work. I'm sure this will change as they get older and don't comply as easy with my rule. Ha ha.

A perfect afternoon to be spent at the park.


Paisley,
I can't believe that you are 2 years old. Where did the time go when my little baby girl turned into a toddler? You are an absolute angel. You bring peace and happiness to each and every day. You are a happy, happy little love. You wake up with a smile on your face and are ready to start your day.

You like doing anything your brother is doing and he truly is your best friend. He sometimes likes to annoy you and your response is usually a bonk on the head. It really is the only time I have needed to give you a timeout and you were happy to be one. You can be shy to new people, but are also very social with friends that you are familiar with. You like going to church, playing with friends and being at My Gym. I think you wish you were in Preschool, but I enjoy our alone time on those days Roman is at school.

You have an infectious laugh and your chuckle is loud and full. You are a Daddy's Girl at heart and get so excited when he gets home from work. You like to wrestle with him and keep up with anything him and Roman are doing. You always say, "Me Turn". You are pretty coordinated and can kick the soccer ball really good. I have a feeling you are going to be our little athlete of the fam.

You love playing with Play doh, cars, trains, scooting around on your plasma car, pretend shopping with your shopping cart, cuddling with your stuffed animals and running around being silly. You are still not into watching movies, but will watch an episode of your favorite Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Your favorite characters are Minnie Mouse and Winnie the Pooh. Currently you are obsessed with spotting buses driving around town. I know we need to plan a bus ride soon. You love going to My Gym and are such a good listener. You love to participate and always eager to volunteer to go 1st. My biggest challenge with you is you don't like to be left alone in any room in the house. Over 6 months ago, you got freaked out when you were playing in our living room and saw the gardner in our sunroom. Since then I find it nearly impossible to go into any room without you as my little shadow (and we have a tiny house.) I'm working on this one, but we have a ways to go.

You are talking so much more and even though your little voice can be so quiet, I can typically figure out what you are trying to say. You still tell people your name is "Baby" since Roman called you that for the first 18 months of your life. Everyone finds it pretty cute at My Gym that you introduce yourself as "Baby" during circle time.

Your easy going personality makes life easy on us. You are flexible with change and just go with the flow. You are such a beautiful girl and we are so proud to be your parents. We wish you a Happy and Fun year of being TWO. We know that it is going to be filled with love, joy and happiness.
Cheers Sweet Love!

No comments: