Tuesday, August 28, 2012

August Summer

I love the summer and especially August. We had a busy, but relaxing month and I'm sad to see our pool days and agenda free mornings to be gone next week. It really was a fun summer, especially with the kids current ages. They have become much easier to handle out and about and I'm really enjoying our adventures together. I finally feel like I can handle the both of them since they have become good listeners and also really good friends with each other.


Jason and I celebrated our 8th Wedding Anniversary. We went out to dinner at Sasa. We promised that we would start saving up for a special vacation for our 10th year. I feel so blessed each and every day to have Jason in my life. This past year has not been an easy one, but having him by my side makes me always remember the positive. I'm so proud of him and all that he has accomplished this past year at his new job. He works so hard each and every day to provide for our family and allows me to stay at home with our kids. I couldn't ask for a greater gift.


Roman learned how to peddle his bike this summer. Now we can't get him off his bike. He loves to ride his bike up and down the halls of our little house. You constantly have to be watching your toes.


A's Game - Jason has been begging me all summer to go to a game. I could think of more relaxing ideas, but we had a good time and the kids loved all the food and roaming around the ballpark.






Dinner for Jason's birthday with our parents to Lark Creek. It was special to be out for a nice dinner since it has been a LONG time for all of us to enjoy a night out without the kids.


Cooking Club goes Retro. Meg hosted a fun 60's night.


Hanging with friends at the pool (and the showers too).


Paisley started My Gym this summer and she (and I) love it. It is fun to do something with just her.


Zoo with our friends, Grady and Sean


Today we headed to Fairyland. It was the perfect day in Oakland and the kids had so much fun.


Paisley found her favorite, A Gigi.


Roman had picture day and orientation at Preschool. I'm so excited with the teacher that he got, Miss Paulina, and that most of the kids in his class this year were also in his 2's class. He will continue to go 2 days a week (I just can't give him up for 3 days yet)

One of the major changes this summer was how Paisley and Roman have been playing together. They love to hang out, run around after each other and get into mischief. There are moments were they annoy each other, but for the most part majority of their days together are filled with laughter and silliness.

I'm sad to see summer go, but looking forward to lots of fun upcoming events.

No comments: