Monday, January 2, 2012

2012...Here We Go


2012 starts with me turning 33! Can it really be? I think I am now officially in my mid 30's. I think having a Birthday on New Year's Day makes me evaluate resolutions, goals and reflect on the past year even more.


2011 was definitely a challenging year, but also such a wonderful one. Part of the year feels like a hazy dream, but it raced by so quickly since we had so much going on.


2011 highlights included...
Jason got a new job (So proud of him)
Trips to Disneyland, So Cal, Hawaii and Ohio
Went to many fun and very festive weddings
Paisley started walking and continues to be such a happy girl
Roman is non-stop talking and stopped napping. Also started preschool 2 days a week.
Still working part-time as a facility coordinator for Temple Isaiah planning Bar and Bat Mitzvahs
Lots of special family time


Life with 2 little ones. What can I say? Life can be crazy, hard, exhausting and a lot of days I feel like I am running around in circles. I often wonder, how can my house ever be organized or clean. There always seems to be a missing piece of a toy, food spilled on the ground and laundry, laundry and more laundry.  BUT...WOW they bring me such joy. For all the work, I feel so much love. I know I have mentioned it before, but I have never been happier in life. I never knew how much joy being a Mom would bring me and I truly live each day to see the smile on my little ones faces.


Roman is becoming such a little boy filled with such personality. His talking and humor make me laugh. He is challenging at times, but oh so funny too. I still look at him and just melt. He will always be my little boy. The no nap has been a real challenge for the past 2 months, but in the last week we feel that he is making progress. We are trying to get him to sleep by 7:45 and it really seems to be helping.
Paisley is on the go. She loves to climb and I am constantly having to keep my eye on her. She is still pretty quiet, but is starting to talk a little. She is also starting to show a little drama (I know I have been warned with having a girl). When we tell her NO, she looks at us, makes a face and then the tears come on so dramatically and with such passion. She loves to keep up with her brother and for the most part is so easy going. We just feel so blessed with this little one.


Now on to a few goals and hopes for 2012...
First and most importantly, we hope for GOOD HEALTH! It has been a tough year with having 2 parents going thru chemo and Tyler having his open heart surgery re-scheduled twice. We continue to pray for healing and strength in the New Year.


GETTING IN SHAPE
It has really been 4 years since I have worked out. I'm embarrassed to admit this. I wasn't able to workout during my pregnancies and then it became a lack of having any time with 2 young babies. It is so important for me to be in good cardio shape, so this is a HUGE goal for me. I realized I have to make this a top priority and find the time. I just re-activated my account at ClubSport Valley Vista and can't wait to start working out again. Even if I need to go at 8pm, my goal is to workout 3 times a week (4 if I'm lucky). My Christmas gifts included new workout clothes and shoes. I am MOTIVATED!


STARTING MY BIZ
For the last 18 months I have worked as the Facility Coordinator at a large Jewish Temple in Lafayette. I have worked with dozens of families helping to plan their special celebrations. Through this I have worked with event planners, caterers and lots of amazing vendors. I quickly realized that my favorite part of my job was meeting with families and helping them throughout the planning process. I loved being able to give them guidance, while also keeping them calm, organized and excited. My favorite compliment (after an event) is when a client says, "I couldn't have done it without you."
I am currently working on a business plan for event consulting. I am also debating enrolling in the Event Planner certificate program through Cal State East Bay (starts this Saturday). I think it will give me the extra confidence needed to take this extra step. I know I am good at what I do, however sometimes I lack the confidence in myself to go for it. I think this program will give me the final push that need. My top priority continues to be at home with Roman and Paisley. One of my goals with starting my new business is to be able to start a career where I can control my own hours, while also being a Mom as my top priority. 

Stay tuned for more details.
In the meantime, here is our logo:

 

I wish everyone a very Happy New Year! 
Can't wait to see what 2012 holds.
Hoping for a beautiful year ahead. 





1 comment:

To Be Determined said...

33 is not mid-30's yet!

I say take the Event class. Even if you don't necessarily need it. It is always good to learn something new for yourself and meet people. They may already know ins and outs of starting a business that could help. Do it do it! I would take it with you just to learn something. My brain feels dead from not learning anything in years. new skills, work related. nada. b.o.r.i.n.g I am ALL for classes.

And as always I love the kiddie updates. They are so cute.