Thursday, October 8, 2009

HAPPY Baby!



We have a happy baby. After Roman's 6 month check-up, the doctor really felt that something had to be affecting his fussiness. She said it just wasn't normal for babies to still be fussy at 6 months. Last week she recommended that I try stopping breastfeeding and only feed formula for a 1 week trial. I am happy to report that within 48 hours of switching over to the special formula he was a happy boy and has been all week. He is no longer wimpering in discomfort and pain throughout the entire day. I am such a happy mama and so excited that my little man has a smile on his face.

I have a new appreciation for parents that have babies with ongoing health issues. When you see your baby is unhappy, it truly breaks your heart that there isn't more you can do to help fix the problem. I was proud of myself that I remained patient, loving and comforting knowing that the fussiness would eventually end. I never thought it would take almost 7 months, but am so thankful to Jay, my family and everyone else that helped me remain positive.

When I brought Roman in for a follow-up and his doctor saw how happy he was, she said to me, "This is your baby. He is supposed to be happy and now he truly is." THANK YOU DR. SMITH.

6 comments:

Jacquie said...

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS WE COULD RECEIVE WHILE WE ARE TRECKING THRU SLOVENIA AND CROATIA!!

Hillary said...

Wow, that is so exciting. Who knew that could be all it took. I am sure that you are beyond excited about the "new Roman!"

JKAndrus said...

I am so happy for you! Yea for Roman. Can't wait to see him!

Maya said...

Yay!! I'm so glad for you!

And BTW, this may be his best picture yet :) LOVE IT!

To Be Determined said...

yay for roman! (and heather) Sorry i didn't call you back this weekend. I stink. i will call you this week.

thedemichielfam said...

YAHOO!!! We love happy babies! I am so glad you got it all worked out! :)